Google Christian Wallpaper Harris County Public Library Atom Films Check It Out CNN YouTube LibraryThing Bloglines Zoho Widgetbox Wetpaint Stock.XCHNG Wikipedia ESPN Yahoo iHCPL Workshop

Monday, October 22, 2007

To a temporary place in time... (Week 6: #15)

Of the five articles, "To a temporary place in time..." had the most appeal. I always enjoyed visiting the library for research and leisure. Libraries are not as appealing to me anymore (this is more a result of the changing environment). When the Internet first began to encroach on library territory, I welcomed it. This was not because I did not like the library but because I had to drive to the library which meant walking through the rain, missing my favorite show, etc. Suddenly there was a tool right in my home, right at my fingertips. Since then the Internet has lost some of its appeal. In the beginning it seemed easier to find relevant information, but these days I wade through site after site looking for that tiny morsel of information that I really need. Dr. Wendy Schultz's article presented the ideal library where information will not be just at our fingertips but organized and at our fingertips.

0 comments:

 

© blogger templates 3 column | Harris County Public Library